Your Ad Here

Monday, March 29, 2010

Arenas Will Stay in DC?

Durant said he will try to sell Oklahoma City to interested players looking to join one of the league’s improving teams. “I tell them it’s nice,’’ he said. “It depends on what kind of person it is, of course. Some guys like the big-city life and some guys like the small, rural area, too. It’s all about the person. “I just tell them it’s a great place to play. We like each other. We like being here. We have a close-knit group and hopefully that attracts them, and if it doesn’t, we continue to work with what we have and we have faith in what we have here.’’ - Boston Globe

A person with knowledge of the Wizards' thinking said on Friday that the Pollin family was not interested in pursuing the complicated task of contract termination, which has never been successfully carried out in the NBA. Grunfeld went a step further Saturday, making the case for welcoming back the three-time all-star into the fold. "I think people sometimes tend to forget that he's still one of the best players in this league. He averaged 23 points and seven assists when he was with us," Grunfeld said. "He's a dynamic player and he was just coming back off injury. So we plan to have him back and we plan to have him in uniform this year." - Washington Post

I had an interesting conversation with Carmelo Anthony regarding which team LeBron James will play for next season. Me: "If you're LeBron, do you go to New York for the money and the fame?" Melo: "He's already got that. He's already got the money and the fame. I think the only thing weighing in right now is the championship." Me: "You know him better than a lot of people (and share the same agent and shoe company) — is the championship the deciding factor for him?" Melo: "If he feels that he can win a championship in Cleveland, then he will stay. The team in Cleveland is that much better than the team in New York." Me: "Has he already made a decision?" Melo: "No. Not at all, not at all, not even close." - Denver Post

As a Knicks fan, Marbury said he would love to see the team land LeBron James, but he can't envision the All Star leaving the powerhouse Cavaliers for New York this summer. "Why would LeBron leave a situation where he has an opportunity to win a championship every year, to going to a place that's rebuilding?" Marbury said. "How does that work?. How do you try to get to people to believe that? I don't understand it. As a Knick fan, that would be great. But playing in the NBA, it doesn't make sense." - New York Post

He's not playing the kind of defense a team of this caliber deserves, a free agent at the end of the season and maybe on his way out if the Lakers look to upgrade. "I would say, 'concerned,' '' Fisher says about his chances of returning to the Lakers next season. "I know this business -- concern from that point, yes. "Concern because I can't play basketball or do certain things anymore, no. I still think I have a lot of basketball left in me.'' - Los Angeles Times

While Camby is embracing his opportunity with the Blazers, he will be a free agent this summer. There have been rumblings by some in the Clippers organization that the team might pursue him again this offseason. "I've been hearing a lot of teams saying they're interested in me, but I kind of think it's unfair for me to comment with me being here in Portland and actually liking the situation that I'm in," said Camby. "I really know why I'm here. I know that they have a lot of injuries to their big men with Joel Przybilla and Greg Oden. They expressed to me they don't just want me to be a rent-a-player but also for a long-term experience. When the year is over I'm going to sit down and weigh my options and see what's best for my family." - HoopsWorld

After the Knicks' 109-104 win over Denver at the Garden on Tuesday, Rodriguez had dinner with Alberto Herreros, Real Madrid's deputy director. Rodriguez said he is friends with Herreros and the dinner was mostly friendly. "We have good relationship, he came just to visit me and see how I was," Rodriguez said. "They haven't talked to my agent. It was friendly." - New York Post

Even though the Rockets are preparing to be home during the postseason, Ariza said he has no regrets about leaving Los Angeles. "We're a team that has a lot of injuries," Ariza said. "We're fighting. "Like I've said before, it was out of my hands how things went down [with the Lakers]. With that being said, I'm very happy here with the Rockets." - Los Angeles Times

There still are a handful of games remaining in the current NBA season. But Detroit Pistons forward Charlie Villanueva is fired up about taking the court in 2010-11. Villanueva feels like he has a lot to prove to his teammates as well as Pistons fans. And he looks forward to doing it. “I can’t wait,” Villanueva said. “I feel like in a certain way that I let this organization down by being hurt and not being able to perform the way I want to. But next year, I think it will be a whole different story.” - Booth Newspapers

Marbury, 33, says the experience in China allowed him to enjoy basketball in its purest form. "The thing I loved most was its humbling experience," Marbury said. "I got an opportunity to see something totally different, an opportunity to see how people on the other side felt about the game I love. They have passion. They love basketball over there. You would never know that until you experience it. "I got to see the true joy in playing. Playing in New York, I love the passion but going through every year where everything's so concentrated off the court, it becomes draining. You lose the focus of what you really are doing and that's playing basketball. This was just about getting better. That was the most gratifying." - New York Post

The Suns are sizzling once again, becoming a major story in the NBA. They have matched last season's win total (46), and their collective will far exceeds their individual talents. The close-knit nature of this team can't be understated, nor fully explained. "We have a really good group," point guard Steve Nash said. - Arizona Republic

"I'll tell you what's interesting," Hill said. "After we beat Golden State, we were flying back home, and someone said we had 11 games left. We couldn't believe how the season has just flown by. "I've been on teams that have won more games. I've been on teams that have lost more games. But I've never seen a season go by so fast. We thoroughly enjoying being around each other, and we realize that, pretty soon, the off-season will be here and we won't be able to hang out. The environment is really unique, and I think it carries over onto the court." - Arizona Republic

Evans told the Sacramento Bee that it's been difficult to avoid keeping track of his main competitor for the award. "People call me and text me to tell me how Steph is doing," Evans said. "Steph is a good player. He's been playing good. They've got a good offense. They run and gun and he gets a lot of shots up." - Memphis Commercial Appeal

Because Anthony might face too much ground to make up over the final weeks of the regular season, Wade believes James and Durant will shoot it out for the title. ``You got two guys that can score in many different ways,'' Wade said. ``With LeBron extending his range every year, he's a legitimate threat out there [from three-point range]. Of course, Kevin is a threat out there.'' - Miami Herald

Roddy Beaubois played the game of his season and one of the best by a rookie in Mavericks' history, and the Mavericks pummeled the Warriors in the first half, then kicked their feet up and cruised to a 111-90 victory at Oracle Arena. To put it bluntly, Beaubois was blazing hot. Or, as he would say, c'est le feu. "Sometimes, you just shoot and feel like you can't miss," Beaubois said. "It was my best game ever, for sure." Beaubois finished with 40 points. His previous high this season was 24. He was 9-of-11 from 3-point range. J.R. Smith has the NBA season high with 10 3-pointers in a game (on 17 attempts). - Dallas Morning News

The Thunder are a bunch of young 20-somethings with talent and chemistry. Durant is the standout. Green is the dirty-work forward. Westbrook is the facilitator. Harden is the rookie relief off the bench. Nine of the team’s 15 players are 25 or younger and that fosters closeness, with Durant as the central figure. “I was over James’s house after the game, just chilling, talking until 2 or 3 in the morning with him and his family,’’ Durant said. “We’re all family. We all love each other. “Every time we break from a huddle, we say ‘family’ or ‘togetherness.’ That’s how we really feel. “We always had faith in what we could do here. We never joked around during practice. We took it serious like we were going to make the playoffs. And that’s what led to our success this season.’’ - Boston Globe




No comments:

Post a Comment